The Health Department staff is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary group, with expertise in areas ranging from hazardous materials response, public health nursing, environmental health, epidemiology and the myriad of public health topics that affect Monmouth County residents. This team is highly-regarded by local health partners as well as state agencies such as the Department of Community Affairs, Department of Environmental Protection Agency, NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, and the Office of the Attorney General. In addition to receiving grant funds from each agency, staff is often invited to participate on state level task forces and speak at statewide conferences. As a service to our member municipalities, we are pleased to provide a health department speakers bureau providing education sessions on the following topics:
Maternal & Child Health
- Prevention and Control of Childhood Obesity
- Facts About Lead Poisoning
- Cultural Sources Of Lead
- Dangers Of Lead Exposure For Pregnant Women
- Lead For Contractors
- Cholesterol And You - "Which One Is The Good One Again?"
- Stress Management For Real Life
- Eating For Health
- Osteoporosis / Penia "Do We Have A Bone To Pick With You!"
- Caregiver Sanity "Care For You Too!"
- Healthy Homes - "How Homes Affect Our Health"
- Breast Health
- Adult Immunizations - "Am I At Risk?"
- Aging & Vitality "Mental Emotional & Physical Skills We Can Adopt To Improve Health"
- Healthy Bones
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Communicable Disease Outbreak Investigation
- Vaccinator Training
- Mantoux Testing "Administration & Interpretation"
- Facts About Influenza
- Family Disaster Planning
- Homeland Security & Emergency Planning
- Role of First Responders In Public Health Emergencies
- Health Emergencies
- Psychological First Aid
- Start & Jump Triage
- Strategic National Stockpile - Overview
- Medical Reserve Corp - Volunteer Opportunities
- Bedbugs "What You Need To Know"
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Permitting Requirements For Minor Sources Of Air Pollution School Lab
- Chemicals - Handling, Storage And Disposal
- Total Maximum Daily Loads And Storm Water Rules
- Monmouth County Health Department - Overview Of Programs and Services
- Cultural Competency
- Conflict Resolution
A personal action plan is your investment in family security. Our trained Health Education Ambassadors are available as guest speakers for community meetings to discuss what should be included in your plan.
Interested groups can contact the MCHD at 732-431-7456 to arrange for a speaker.
Click here for information on HEROs (Health Education Reaching Others) online training.