Empower residents of Monmouth County to achieve optimum health through the provision of the ten essential public health services.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of healthcare when otherwise available.
- Assure a competent public health personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
The Monmouth County Health Department (MCHD) is one of six health departments in the County and serves the residents of the following municipalities (click for map) :