Reclamation Center Rules
The following applies to all customers, both commercial haulers and residents:
- 25 mph site wide and traffic signs must be obeyed at all times
- Tarps and covers are required for all open loads
- Solid waste is not accepted from out-of-county routes
- All vehicles charged on actual tonnage or part thereof
- Tires may not be mixed with other materials (additional surcharge)
- Asbestos accepted by appointment only (Wednesdays & Saturdays)
- Glass food and beverage containers
- Aluminum and tin food containers
- Large metal appliances
- Auto and household batteries
- High grade office paper and corrugated cardboard will not be accepted from commercial or institutional sources.
- Concrete and asphalt (asphalt shingles are accepted),
- Tree stumps and parts over 3 inches in Diameter. However, carloads may include small amounts of these bulky items.
- Any liquid or hazardous materials are prohibited. If you have any liquids or hazardous materials call the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 732-683-8686, ext. 5210. Monmouth County has a Solid Waste Enforcement team stationed at the landfill to monitor compliance with all State and County requirements. Fines can be assessed.
Dumping Permits: are not required for vehicles with a registered gross weight of 9,000 Lbs. or less & dumping personal waste. The weight limitation for "vehicle & trailer" combinations, hauling personal waste is 16,000 lbs. All others, including vehicles registered for less than 9,000 pounds, but hauling others' waste, must click here for the NJDEP license permit information.
For a free copy of the Recycling Directory on how to handle recyclables and hazardous materials, go the Recycling and Solid Waste Planning page to learn more.