Chantal Bouw, Chairwoman/Commissioner
Allan Roth, Secretary
Eileen N. Kean, Commissioner
Patricia Bennett, Commissioner
Robin Major, Administrator
Tracee Johnson, Chief Clerk
Frequently used phone numbers:
These bylaws are posted in accordance with Public Law 2009, c.135, §3, eff. Oct. 2, 2009.
Summary of Services provided to the public
- Interpret and implement all facets of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Help America Vote Act (HAVA), and NJ State Statutes Annotated, Title 19, as it relates to polling locations and elections
- Process and count all mail-in ballots, including overseas civilian, military and provisionals for all elections
- Recruit, train, and place board workers in designated polling locations for all elections
- Process and distribute Challengers credentials for all elections
- Redistrict local municipalities in conjunction with Municipal Clerks to maintain proper voting districts. This involves the drawing of district lines on maps, typing of rationales and certifying of voting districts to the State.
- Conduct inspections of polling locations annually to ensure compliance with ADA laws and other criteria
- Oversee advertising for all elections and monthly Board meetings to assure compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act and Title 19
- Prepare agenda and conduct monthly meetings of the four Commissioners of the Board of Elections who serve as an official Board of Canvassers for all final election results
- Serve as an actual polling location for mail-in ballot voters for all elections
- Conduct recounts of election results as required by court order
- Provide municipal maps and final election results for mail-in & provisional ballots upon request.