Welcome to April's countywide food drive!
The Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders has partnered with the Foodbank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties once again to make a difference and to collect food for the FoodBank.
Non-perishable, protein-rich foods are perfect for donation. The FoodBank recommends items such as macaroni & cheese, pasta, powdered milk, dry beans, cereal, canned vegetables and fruits, salad dressings, peanut butter, jelly, puddings, fruit juice and canned tuna fish, chicken, corned beef hash or salmon.
You can help by making a food donation at a county branch library or at another county location this month.
The County locations are:
- Belford Ferry Terminal, Belford section of Middletown
- County Agricultural Building, Freehold Twp.
- County Connection Office, Neptune
- County Election office, 300 Halls Mills Road, Freehold Twp.
- County Fire Academy, Rt. 33, Freehold Twp.
- County Health Department, Rt. 9, Freehold Twp.
- County Public Works Complex, Freehold Twp.
- Hall of Records, Freehold Borough
- Human Services Building, Freehold Twp.
- Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center, Howell
- Longstreet Farm Visitor Center, Holmdel
- Sheriff's Public Safety Center, 2500 Kozloski Rd., Freehold Twp.
- Thompson Park Visitor Center, Lincroft
You can donate at these branches of the Monmouth County Library System:
- Headquarters in Manalapan
- Eastern Branch, Shrewsbury
- Atlantic Highlands
- Colts Neck
- Ocean Township
- West Long Branch
The Monmouth County Library will offer its "Food for Fines" program April 10-16, 2016.
This is the County’s fifth consecutive April food drive. This year's goal is to collect more than 12,000 pounds of non-perishable food.
The Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders asks for renewed donations and assistance to once again make a big impact in defeating hunger in Monmouth County.