To better assist you, please call or e-mail to discuss your needs with the GIS staff. Upon arriving at the Division of Planning offices, please check in at the front desk.
*Appointments are not required but are recommended*
Please allow 3-5 business days for completion of the project from the time the request is received. Additional time may be necessary depending on the scope of the request.
GIS Data Requests
- GIS data is available on an FTP (file transfer protocol) site for download. Please contact the GIS office for instructions.
- If you would prefer to purchase a CD/DVD with GIS data, the cost is $5.00. Please contact the GIS office to place an order.
- When submitting a request for GIS data, please provide location information such as: Municipality, Streets, Property Block and Lot.
- GIS Data available includes: Building Footprints, Road Centerlines, Tax Parcels, Streams, Water Bodies, Spot Elevation Points, and 2-foot Contours.
Electronic & Hard Copy Map Requests
Electronic and hard-copy maps are available displaying aerial imagery and/or planimetric data layers (Building Footprints, Road Centerlines, Tax Parcels, Streams, Water Bodies, Spot Elevation Points, and 2-foot Contours). To order a map, please provide location information such as Municipality, Streets, Property Block/Lot and select any combination of the layers listed above; if aerial imagery is desired, please specify the year of imagery desired. The default map scale provided is 1 inch = 100 feet.
Aerial imagery is available for the following years:
2014, 2011, 2009, 2006, 2003, & 1997 (natural color).
1990, 1986, 1981, 1974, 1969, 1957, 1954, & 1940 (black & white).
Additional imagery years may be available through NJDEP and/or NJOIT.
Electronic maps (in JPG or PDF format): FREE
Hard-copy black & white maps:
- Letter-size (8.5 inch by 11 inch): $0.05/page.
- Legal (8.5” by 14”): $0.07/page.
- Tabloid (11” by 17”): $0.10/page.
- D-size (2 feet by 3 feet): $2.00/print.
Hard-copy color maps:
- Letter-size (8.5 inch by 11 inch): $0.25/page.
- Legal (8.5” by 14”): $0.35/page.
- Tabloid (11” by 17”): $0.50/page.
- D-size (2 feet by 3 feet) with-out aerial image: $10.00/print.
- D-size (2 feet by 3 feet with aerial image: $25.00/print.
Example of a Tabloid-size color map with planimetric data & 2014 aerial imagery
Payments are by exact cash or check only, made payable to the County of Monmouth, due upon pickup of the maps. Please allow 3-5 business days for completion of the project from the time ordered. Please contact the GIS Staff listed below to submit a map request.
Meghan Leavey, GISP/AICP/PP, GIS Services Manager
Michael Davenport, Geographic Information Specialist
Michael Dunzello, Geographic Information Specialist
Phone: 732-431-7460 Fax: 732-409-7540
Page Last Updated: 7/28/2017 2:40:00 PM