Obtaining a Monmouth County Identification Card
The County Clerk’s Office issues a County Identification Card for persons who are U.S. Citizens and residents of Monmouth County. The County Identification Card includes your photo, name, address, date of birth, height, weight, hair/eye color, and signature. Monmouth County ID Cards are valid for four years from the date of issue.
- Applicants must provide one (1) of the following documents as evidence of identity and citizenship:
- U.S. Certified Birth Certificate with Raised Seal
- Monmouth County Voter Registration Card
- United States Passport, current or expired within last three (3) years
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
If an applicant requests an ID card with a name which is different than the name that appears on his/her documentation he/she must show a certified copy of the court order of the name change or certified copy of the marriage certificate. Applicants ages 17 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with identification..
*Please note: P.O. boxes do not show proof of Monmouth County Residency.
- Applicants must also provide two (2) of the following documents as proof of Monmouth County residency:
- State of New Jersey Driver's License displaying Monmouth County address
- Utility bill (telephone, electric, gas) within the last 90 days
- W-2 form or correspondence from the IRS/State Tax Office in the past year
- Recent pay stub showing name and address
- Current lease in your name and address
- Property tax bill/statement from the past year
- Checking or savings account statement within the past 60 days
- School ID card/current school report card
- Recent post marked correspondence from attorney, court or hospital
- Social Security Card
In order to obtain a County ID card, please bring the required documentation to the Clerk's Office located at 33 Mechanic Street, Freehold, NJ 07728. The fee to obtain a County ID is $15.00 for all applicants.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Cards will NOT be issued without the required documentation.