"Your Needs Are Our Concern"
2-1-1 is universal, growing national model of communication infrastructure. There are over 190 million Americans in 45 states who access community resources by dialing 2-1-1. The 2-1-1 system was launched statewide on February 10, 2005.
New Jersey's 2-1-1 is operational by landline, cell phone and Internet. 2-1-1 Call Centers utilize a Virtual Private Network, making broadband connection and a state host server integrated into a database. The system handles over 150,000 inquires. Learn more at www.nj211.org.
www.GovBenefits.gov is a free, easy-to-use website to find government benefit and assistance programs you may be eligible to receive. Prescreens your eligibility for hundreds of federal and state benefit programs by answering a confidential, online questionnaire. Includes comprehensive information on a variety of benefit programs for all citizens.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
MCDSS administers Financial Assistance for families and individual adults through the WorkFirst New Jersey (WFNJ), sometimes called welfare. MCDSS also provides Social Services, Child Support and Housing Services. MCDSS also determines financial eligibility for Food Assistance through the Food Stamp Program and Medical Assistance programs. Financial limits apply to most of the programs we administer.
All programs and services can be accessed through the main office in Freehold. Outreach offices offer most programs and services, but on a more limited basis.
For after hours emergencies for all offices call 732-431-6000.
MCDSS works closely with other government agencies and community organizations. We provide a number of outreach services to the community, including a Speaker's Bureau. Call 732-431-6180 for information about the Speaker's Bureau.
The Federal Government also provides information on a number of programs such as Medicare, Veterans Benefits, Social Security and Food Stamps at the following web site: www.firstgov.gov or call 1-800-333-4636 (1-800-FED-INFO).
MAILING ADDRESS - ALL MAIL SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THIS ADDRESS
Monmouth County Division of Social Services
P. O. Box 3000
Freehold, NJ 07728
E-MAIL ADDRESS Please note: If you choose to contact us via e-mail: Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via e-mail.
OFFICE LOCATIONS AND HOURS
Offices are located in three convenient locations in Monmouth County:
Freehold (Main Office), and Ocean Township, New Jersey.
MAIN OFFICE - FREEHOLD:
3000 Kozloski Road
Freehold, New Jersey 07728
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1. From the North: (Essex, Union, Bergen, Passaic Area) Take Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 (Route 9 South). Follow Rt. 9 South to Route 18 East (exit from left hand lane to Rt. 18). Follow Rt. 18 to Rt. 537 West Exit 22B. Make right onto Kozloski Road South jug handle, then bear left for Kozloski Rd South, cross Rt. 537 go to first light, make right to the Human Services Building.
2. From the North: (Morris, Somerset, Warren, Sussex Area) Take Rt. 287 North to Rt. 18 East. Follow 18 East per #1 above.
3. From the South: (Ocean, Atlantic, Cape May Area) Take Garden State Parkway North to Exit 100B. Take Rt. 66 West to Rt. 33 West. Follow Rt. 33 West to traffic light at Kozloski Road (approx. 9 miles). Turn right onto Kozloski Rd. Go to 2nd traffic light Human Services Building will be on your left (left lane turn). 4. From the South: (Salem, Glouster, Camden Area)
4.Take NJ Turnpike North to Exit 8 (Hightstown). Take Rt. 33 East to Freehold bear left for Rt. 33 Bypass. Stay on Rt. 33 Bypass to the Halls Mill Road North Exit. Continue through 3 traffic lights and Human Services Building is at 4th light on your left. (left turn lane).
5. From the South: (Burlington) Take Route 537 North. Turn right onto Local Route 33 East (Park Avenue) to Kozloski Road. Turn left onto Kozloski Road go to 2 nd light & Human Services Building will be on your left (left turn lane).
6. From the South: (Ocean County, Rt. 9 Area) Follow Rt. 9 North to Rt. 33 East - go to 4th light which will be Kozloski Rd - make left. Go to 2nd traffic light and make left. Human Services Building set back.
7. From the West: Follow Rt. 33 East and follow directions as per #4).
8. From the East: (Red Bank) Follow Rt. 537 West. Make right onto Kozloski Road jug handle, then bear left for Kozloski Road South, cross Rt. 537 go to first light, make right to the Human Services Building.
2405 Route 66
Ocean, NJ 07712
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Evening Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 4:30 to 8 p.m.
From South: Route 35 North to Route 66 West. Exit Route 66 West into
Seaview Square Mall. Take first right into parking lot.
From North: Take 35 South to Route 66 West. Take first exit on right into
Seaview Square Mall and enter the parking lot.
From East: Take Asbury Avenue (becomes Route 66) West to Seaview Square
Mall. Enter with first right turn and then take first right into parking
lot. Also, you can take route 33 West to Route 35 South, and then take
Route 66 West. Take first exit into Seaview Square Mall and then take first
right turn into our parking lot.
From West: Take Route 66 East to jug handle for Seaview Square Mall and
after crossing back over Route 66, take first right turn into parking lot.
NOTE: The entrance for DSS offices is on the North Side of the building facing Sunset Avenue.