Division on Aging, Disabilities and Veterans Services
Veterans Services Office
3000 Kozloski Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: 732-683-8675 Fax: 732-683-8676
Email: Sue Moleon, Director, Veterans Services
Due to confidentiality and HIPAA federal and state regulations, you need to include a telephone contact number and/or address when you email us. No responses by the County potentially revealing Protected Health Information can be made via e-mail.
The Monmouth County Veterans Services Office serves the past, present, and future veterans of Monmouth County find the benefits and services to which they are entitled.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Services Provided: Veteran's assistance and referral services (see below)
Veteran’s assistance includes:
- Initiate a service-connected compensation and pension claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Guide Veterans through the process of gathering medical documentation to support service connected compensation and pension claims.
- Initiate request for all military records.
- Provide free Veteran IDs available through the Monmouth County Clerk and at the County Connection, 3544 State Highway 66, Neptune, NJ 07753. Please call ahead of time for an appointment at 732-303-2828.
- Assist veterans’ widows, children, and other dependents in applying for benefits.
- Veterans Services Brochure
- Veterans Resource Guide
- 2015 Monmouth County Accessible Beach Guide (Certain beaches give discounts to veterans and this information is available in this guide)
Referral services include:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder counseling
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Family counseling
- Readjustment counseling
- Bereavement counseling
- VA Healthcare
- Referral for long-term care such as the Menlo Park, Vineland, and Paramus Veterans’
- Home loan guaranty
- Employment counseling/vocational rehabilitation
Interment services include:
- Maintains records of deceased Monmouth County veterans
- Locates any veterans grave upon the family’s request
- Handles requests for services from veterans and family members
- Memorial Day Flags - Distributes approximately 38,000 flags to veterans’ organizations to be placed on Monmouth County veterans’ graves.
New Jersey Department of Military and Veteran Affairs: www.state.nj.us/military/
Veterans Administration: www.va.gov/
Tinton Falls: www.newjersey.va.gov/visitors/tintonfalls.asp
VA Hospitals - East Orange and Lyons: www.newjersey.va.gov/
Vietnam Veterans of America, New Jersey State Council: www.njscvva.org/
New Jersey Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial: www.njvvmf.org/
American Legion, New Jersey Department: www.njamericanlegion.org/
Veterans of Foreign Wars of New Jersey: www.njvfw.com/ (Click “Post Info” for District 6 Monmouth County Chapters)
New Jersey Veteran Organizations: www.vetfriends.com/organizations/directory.cfm?state=NJ
Page Last Updated: 1/22/2016 1:49:00 PM