For Immediate Release:
March 2, 2017
County announces 2017
paper shredding days
Opportunities to dispose of old documents safely
FREEHOLD, NJ – Monmouth County has scheduled ten 2017 Paper Shredding events in local communities so that Monmouth County residents have opportunities to get rid of old documents and confidential files safely.
“Identity theft is a growing problem and a serious concern for all,” said Freeholder Serena DiMaso, liaison to the county’s recycling efforts. “By providing our residents opportunities to shred their sensitive documents we are helping them protect their personal information. By properly disposing of them, we are also making a difference for future generations by keeping recyclables out of the waste stream. We encourage residents to do their part by making use of these events and all other county services for proper waste disposal.”
All shredding events will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. as follows:
- Saturday, March 18 – Atlantic Highlands; Parking Lot @ Municipal Harbor
- Saturday, April 1 – Monmouth Beach; 29 Ocean Ave. @Bathing Pavilion
- Saturday, May 6 – Aberdeen; Parking Lot @ 1 Aberdeen Square
- Saturday, May 20 – Keyport; West Front Street @ Fireman’s Park
- Saturday, June 17 – Upper Freehold; 314 Rt. 539 Cream Ridge @ Municipal Bldg.
- Saturday, July 15 – Spring Lake Heights; Rt. 71 & Brighton Ave. @Elementary School
- Sunday, Sept. 10 – Manasquan; Parking Lot @ Fourth Ave.
- Sunday, Sept. 24 – Marlboro; 1979 Township Dr. @ Municipal Complex
- Saturday, Oct. 7 – Neptune Township; 2201 Heck Ave. @ Dept. of Public Works
- Saturday, Nov. 18 – Oceanport; 440 Port au Peck Ave. @ Blackberry Bay Park
County residents may bring up to 100 lbs. to be shredded. The shredding event will stop once the shredding truck is full. All papers will be shredded on location in the mobile truck. Documents should be free of large binder clips; staples and paper clips may be left on documents.
This is a project of the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders and 2017 partner municipalities of Aberdeen, Atlantic Highlands, Keyport, Manasquan, Marlboro, Monmouth Beach, Neptune Township, Oceanport, Spring Lake Heights and Upper Freehold.
Information about these paper shredding events, recycling and removing other items from the County’s waste stream may be obtained from the County’s website at www.visitmonmouth.com or by calling 732-683-8686, ext. 6721.
# # #