Welcome to Monmouth County's third countywide food drive!
The Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders has partnered with the Foodbank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties once again to make a difference and to collect food for the FoodBank.
Non-perishable, protein-rich foods are perfect for donation. The FoodBank recommends items such as macaroni & cheese, pasta, powdered milk, dry beans, cereal, canned vegetables and fruits, salad dressings, peanut butter, jelly, puddings, fruit juice and canned tuna fish, chicken, corned beef hash or salmon.
You can help by making a food donation at a county branch library or at another county location this month.
The County locations are:
- Belford Ferry Terminal, Belford section of Middletown
- County Connection Office, Neptune
- Hall of Records, Freehold Borough
- County Agricultural Building, Freehold Twp.
- Human Services Building, Freehold Twp.
- County Election offices, 300 Halls Mills Road, Freehold Twp.
- John L. Montgomery Care Center, Freehold Twp.
- Geraldine Thompson Care Center, Wall
- Thompson Park, Lincroft
- Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center, Howell
- Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel
You can donate at these branches of the Monmouth County Library System:
- Headquarters in Manalapan
- Eastern Branch in Shrewsbury
- Atlantic Highlands
- Colts Neck
- Ocean Township
- West Long Branch
This is the County’s third consecutive April food drive. To date, County residents have helped send 20 tons, more than 45,000 pounds, of non-perishable food to the FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties. This year’s goal is to collect 25,000 pounds of non-perishable food.
The Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders asks for renewed donations and assistance to once again make a big impact in defeating hunger in Monmouth County.