Questions about Health Care Reform?
http://www.healthcare.gov/: Find health insurance information and all about the New Affordable Care Act, and who qualifies for pre existing condition insurance plans which became available July 1, 2010.
Operation Take Back NJ
Click here to read about Operation Take Back NJ, a program designed to provide a safe and legal method for the disposal of unwanted, unused, and expired medicines. Eat smart. Be active. Live well.
- To improve the health of our residents, the Monmouth County Health Department a proud partner of Shaping NJ! Shaping NJ is the state partnership for the Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program focusing on environmental and policy change around obesity and chronic disease prevention. Learn more at http://www.shapingnj.gov/.
Empower residents of Monmouth County to achieve optimum health through the provision of the ten essential public health services.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of healthcare when otherwise available.
- Assure a competent public health personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
To learn more about the work of the Monmouth County Health Department, please click below to watch a segment of Monmouth In Focus:
The Monmouth County health department is one of six health departments in Monmouth County and serves the residents of the following towns (click link for map) :
Freeholder Liaison to the Monmouth County Board of Health
John P. Curley
Monmouth County Board of Health Members
Michael Meddis, MPH, Public Health Coordinator
Stormwater Runoff Advisory