Community Rating System (CRS) Assistance Program
The CRS program which is run by FEMA through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) scores communities on their effectiveness in dealing with flood mitigation as well as flood plain management and development. Flood insurance policy holders in participating CRS communities are eligible for discounts in Special Flood Hazard Areas based on their community’s CRS rating. The Monmouth County Division of Planning and the Monmouth County Office of Emergency Management have partnered to offer their professional and technical expertise in hazard mitigation, community planning, public outreach, and GIS mapping to municipalities that wish to participate in the Monmouth County Community Rating System Assistance Program. For more information on this program click here.
Please visit the Office of Emergency Management CRS website for more information on the CRS program including important links to resources to get your community started in this program.
For the current edition of the CRS Newsletter, click here.
The Next CRS User Group Meeting will be on Thursday, July 12, 2018, location yet to be determined
For upcoming grants and funding opportunities click here
- Upcoming CRS Webinars
- Two-Day Stormwater Management Design Review Course (invitation required) Register here to receive an invitation.
- Middlesex County CRS/MS4 Information Session May 4, 2018: Please RSVP for this free event by calling the Middlesex County Office of Planning at (732) 745-4167 or by emailing Lori Kahel
- Mac URISA Spring Meeting May 23, 2018: Emergency Preparedness and Response: The Importance of GIS. For more information click here
- 2018 Sustainability Summit June 21, 2018: for more information click here
- NJAFM CFM Training Schedule
Monmouth County employees recognized for Floodplain Management Leadership by the New Jersey Association of Floodplain Management (NJAFM).
Monmouth County is honored to be recognized as a National Association of Counties (NACo) 2016 Achievement Award Winner in the Category of County Resiliency: Infrastructure, Energy & Sustainability for the "Monmouth County Community Rating System Assistance Program".