Monmouth County Shared Services
Long Range Planning
- Provides technical assistance (i.e. GIS mapping, planning expertise, data & information) with municipal partners that are working on special planning studies such plan endorsement, smart growth studies, and scenic byway initiatives.
- Reviews and provides comments to municipalities, where applicable, on municipal master plans, master plan elements, reexamination reports, redevelopment plans, land use ordinances and special studies.
- Responds to general inquiries from the public regarding issues related to planning, land use, and zoning.
- Maintains all master plans, master plan elements, reexamination reports, and land use ordinances required to be filed with the County in accordance with Municipal Land Use Law. The County services numerous inquiries to view the department municipal files as these documents often can not be located at the local level.
- Through department regional planning initiatives, provides municipalities with data and information that they will be able to use for their own local planning initiatives such as municipal master plan updates, ordinance preparation, and municipal plan endorsement.
- Prepares and distributes technical assistance brochures as an educational and outreach tool to help explain key municipal planning documents.