NJSA 26:9.1 et seq. Requires that the Board of Chosen Freeholders provide suitable facilities to house the County Mosquito Control Advisory Board. The Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders has gone beyond the basic requirements. In 1993 they constructed an addition and renovated the thirty-two year old building that was designed to 1950 standards. The current facility was designed to provide the space and technological advancements to take us well into the twenty first century.
The office is located at 1901 Wayside Road, Tinton Falls. The headquarters building houses offices, a laboratory and a conference room/class room dedicated to the memory of the late Freeholder/Commissioner Carmen M. Stoppiello. The building had been renovated during 1992-1993. A large pre-engineered 3,750 addition was added to the rear of the building at that time. The addition consists of a repair and maintenance garage. An auxiliary metal garage building located 100 feet to the rear of the main building has fifteen (15) bays for the storage of vehicles.
In 1988 the Commissioners determined that a new Pesticide Storage Facility should be constructed in strict compliance with PEOSHA and Public Employees Right to Know. The Board of Chosen Freeholders cooperated by constructing a new building in April of 1990. This state of the art facility is in operation and has increased our storage capability by 100% and provides a safer and healthier environment for employees. The remainder of the property is used for outdoor storage of excavation equipment and as a licensed Helistop.
In addition to the main headquarters Mosquito Control has an annex located on Siloam Road, Freehold Township. A masonry building containing an office and six bays is located on the property. The Commission uses this facility to store and refurbish equipment, conduct field experiments, and support operations in the western half of the county during the mosquito season.